Tuesday, March 4, 2008

C-O-O-K-I-N-G

Salem is at such a fun age, I have forgotten how fun it was to learn how to spell. Tonight we made peanut butter bars and she decided to help me out, just in case I didn't know what the ingredients were. She either has me spell the word to her or she copies them off the package.


This one cracks me up...(no pun intended)



As if I could forget who or what this is..



Just in case any of you want to make the peanut butter bars. They are the kind from grade school, and the truly are evil. I will share the recipe but not the scribe.

1/2 cube butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
5/8 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup flour
1 cup oatmeal

Mix ingredients together and spread in a 9 x 12 pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 (Do not over bake) Cool slightly and spread 1 cup peanut butter over cookie. Frost with chocolate frosting.

Frosting
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cube butter
1/3 cup cocoa
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 pound powdered sugar

Mix together except powdered sugar, bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Add powdered sugar and beat with mixer. Spread over cookie and of course EAT!

1 comments:

Megan and Jon said...

This was so funny, I'm really glad that you guys are so hard up that you are scrimping on eggs and can get the grade A ones.. I do wish however you did not post the recipe, I love those things.