Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother...I love you!

This year mother's day means so much more to me than it ever has. I have always been so grateful for my mom and her influence in my life, but the past few months have made me realize how much I love her!

There were many nights that I wondered if she was going to even make it through this. There is no way to describe the thoughts that run through your head. Will I remember her voice when she is gone? Who will hold our family together? Will all of us girls be okay without her? Those nights in the waiting room at the hospital were unbearable. I know we were all thinking the same thing but we didn't dare say it aloud. I don't think any of us would know what to do without her.

Luckily she is doing better and so this mother's day I am going stop and appreciate just how special it is to just have her here, just one more day! Mom...I love you! You have always been amazing...I know there are girls who want to be nothing like their mom's but if I can do half of the stuff you did I will consider myself a success. You raised 7 kids, with very little help. We always had a clean home, a nice dinner and treats! You never got mad, you never yelled. You just did your job as a mom and did it well...Only now after having a family of my own can I really appreciate all you did. I hope you know how much I love you..today and everyday!



Salem...I hope you know how much I love being your mom. It's not always easy, and I am not always the best mom. But hopefully one day you can look at me and love me as much I love my mom! If you do then I will consider the job I have as your mom..a job well done!


3 comments:

Melissa said...

Chantel, you got me all teary eyed! I am so glad your mom is well. Yeah for mothers!

GINGERSPICE said...

That post made me cry. It was so nice talking to you last week! I'm sorry "your plan" happened a little sooner than anticipated!

Hope you have fun on your vacation! Can't wait to see you!

The Halls said...

I totally love the pic at the end...so cute!

Hey did you see Anniemations blog? Salem is on there in her tap and holy cow she is cute!