Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Taking the time to just enjoy life....

Day after day we are bombarded with news of the economy, mass lay offs, gloom and boom coming from every side. I have found myself sick with worry at what the future holds...will I have a job...will my husband have a job. Finally I decided to stop worrying about it...is it really the most important thing in my life. No it is not, my family is and no matter what happens I will always find a way to provide for them. All that matters is that they are healthy, safe and happy.

This weekend we went up to Solider Hollow tubing as a family, we all had such a great time. If you have never been to Solider Hollow, put this on your to do list.


After a fun filled day of tubing Steve and I met up with our friends Bob and MP to go to a Sundance show. We are so lucky to have such great friends, and we always enjoy Sundance. I have never seen anyone famous but I love independent films. Again something that everyone who lives here should experience. We saw a show called Pomegranates and Myrrh. It was about the war in Palestine and one couples dedication to each other. It really made me appreciate how blessed we are to live here no matter what our economy looks like..we are free!

Salem was out of school on Monday so I took the day off. Megan and Livi came down and we spent the day together. I forgot how much I love my sister, and sharing the day as mom's was fun. We took the girls to Color Me Mine and painted ceramics.


I think it was a little stressful for Megan and I to just let the girls do what they wanted, but they did a great job and had so much fun!
Another thing I love is watching Salem develop friendships with her cousins. They both had so much fun together and it makes me so grateful to have such a wonderful family..not only my family but Steve's family as well.

So today I am not going to care how many points the DOW has lost, how much my 401K has lost...they say ignorance is bliss..and well they are right!

11 comments:

Becca said...

Ditto that. Your girls are clones of there mommies. Aren't sisters great!

Jessica said...

Yeah! Sister Day. Looks like fun. Next time your at Soldier Hollow give me a call.

The Halls said...

It looks like you guys had such a good time! It reminds me that I also need to just spend more time with my kids doing fun things..thanks for that reminder!

Also..don't worry about the DOW or your 401K...you are too young. By the time you are ready to retire the DOW will have bounced back and your 401K will recover. Ask Jarrod if you need more info...

PS...we need a girls night...for real

Chan said...

Britt:
I was thinking the same thing..just dinner and a movie. Let's plan it!!

Anonymous said...

Chantel, your daughter is so beautiful. She looks just like you, what a doll.

I have to agree with your thoughts. Life is too short to be worrying about money,and stressing out in general. If we made it through the other recesion, we can get through this one as well.

The Ravsten's said...

I'm proud of you. You go girl!

Doin' It Digital (Shannon C.) said...

So fun!

Sheena said...

I love how you know of all these fun places around town. I think we are going to try that Kangroo place instead of Jacks but now i want to go tubing instead.

Chad and Oléa Gough Family said...

I really had to come to my own realization like that. Do what you can and not worry about the rest! Love the pics! Looks like you had great fun tubing!!

Heather Whitehead said...

That looks like so much fun, i'm glad you got to relax and have some fun! Salem is seriously getting so big time for another one ha ha:)

GINGERSPICE said...

Just curious.... what do you think of people pooping in parking lots??