Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!

The older I get the more important things become. I don't think I ever realize how much I admired my mother until I became one. She is amazing, she is wonderful at everything. She raised 7 kids and I honestly can't remember her ever getting mad. What an amazing woman I have as mother, if I turn out half as good as she was I will consider myself a success. Sometimes I feel like I'm not doing enough because she did and still does so much. Love you mom!!!

My mother in law is yet another woman who amazes me. From the first time she met me she has made me feel like I have been in her family forever. She is the world's most amazing grandma. She takes such good care of her grand kids, and us for that matter. Not only do I consider her like my mom but also a great friend. I love you Cheryl!

Then there is my Grandma Bernice, she has been such a huge part of my life. Growing up living by her our lives are full of wonderful memories of her. I used to do her hair every Sunday morning before church. That hour once a week means so much to me. We would just chit chat like old friends in a beauty salon. I'm not sure how much longer she will be around but I love her with all of my heart and I hope she knows that!

And last but not least, my little peanut who made me a mother. She means the world to me and I can only hope that I am doing a good job. I love being a mom more than anything, it's challenging and rewarding. Say Bug I love you!

7 comments:

Megan and Jon said...

Oh our mom is ferosh, I was thinking about posting the same thing on my blog and will in a couple days. But we are lucky, How did she not lose her mind somedays with all of us, and on top of that always havea three square homecooked meals, laundry done, amazing home. She is awesome.

Sheena said...

I love the new look! Very cute header!

Anonymous said...

What a great tribute to you mother!!! I spent alot of time at your house as you know, and I will always remember her good cooking. There was always cookies or something sweet :) Happy Moms day to you!!!

Anonymous said...

One more comment, Grandma Bernice. What a sweet sweet lady!! I remember when you would do her hair for church ;) and she would alway walk to and from there. She always has a smile on her face.

Megan and Jon said...

Callie, we all need to get together we all did so much and you were always around, we miss ya.

Joell said...

Fabulous Mother's Day posting! It's true--Karen is amazing. (Thought I have to confess I do remember her getting mad a time or two. That probably says more about me than her.)

And cute new look for the Bender Blog!

GINGERSPICE said...

Chantel, I loved the posts about the mothers in your life. You need to take more credit than that you're "just a good mom"... You are a fantastic mother and friend. Salem is so blessed to have you for a mother. I apologize for being a slacker and not writing much anymore.... lets get together soon!