We decided to take Salem and have some fun since our last few weekends have been nothing but yard work. She has been fascinated with dinosaurs for some unknown reason so we headed to Thanksgiving Point. The dinosaur museum there is amazing, a little pricey but well worth it. I'm not sure who had more fun, Salem or Steve and I.
There was an exhibit with sand and water to demonstrate erosion. Salem had a ball building little islands for her dinosaurs.
There was build your own dinosaur!
There was also The Quarry where you could be a paleontologist and uncover dinosaur bones.
Then there was the Junior Paleo lab where Salem got to drill her own fossil. The drill was a little loud so she spent most of the time plugging her ears while Steve drilled the fossil.
Don't be confused...this is not Elton John singing Rocket Man, it's Steve finishing the day off with the 3D Imax movie Dinosaurs in Patagonia.
This really is something everyone should go and see!
After Thanksgiving Point we went to the Capitol. Growing up in Cache Valley when you made the journey to Salt Lake it was for shopping not touring the Capitol. So this was my first trip, it's pathetic to say I am 30 and had never been inside the Capitol Building.
Salem being her usually diva self!
Sorry for the long post, but we spent the entire day just playing. Sometimes you just have to let your hair down and have fun!
Monday, May 5, 2008
Saturday with Salem!
Posted by Chan at 7:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
So much fun! What a cute family! I love the shot when Salem is strikin' a pose! Also, Elton John looked great. BTW - you look so cute! Anyway, good family fun! I have never been in the State Capitol Building either.
I love all your pics you guys look so cute, Salem is looking so much older she's too cute! You still growing your hair out?? It looks cute, i can't believe you let it get that long ha ha I miss ya
Yes Salem is growing her hair out! She wants long hair and I am struggling every day to do it. I suck at doing hair, if you notice in the picture it's crimped. I bought a crimping iron, how 80's is that.
Hey take me next time, we need a play day , we should go back to the museum. Next weekend still okay, what can I bring? Says hair looks cute, when I'm down we will practice hairstyles and made a bunch of bows..
Salem is so so cute. I've always wanted to go to the dinosaur park, one of these days we'll make the trek.
Post a Comment