We have never been the Stadium of Fire and it's pretty safe to say we are chalking it up to "been there done that." Don't get me wrong we had a good time, but let me explain. First off Ellie (one of the little girls who was coming with us) got the flu the night before. I felt so sad that we had to leave her home. Puke on top of the mass of humanity at this would have been the icing on the cake. So we needed to find a replacement luckily my niece Hali was available. This was just as we hit the road, they were so excited.
The gates opened at 5 but the show didn't start until 8:20, we figured we would leave here by 6 and get there by 7. Boy were we wrong, we left at 6 but because of traffic, parking, the hordes of people, and security we got to our seats about 7:50. My patience and anxiety were severely tested. But it was worth it, we got our shirts and the party started.
The pre-show was really cool, they do an awesome job. The girls were completely in awe of the sky divers. They paid tribute to a lot of the members of the national guard who have been deployed, and let some families talk by satellite to their loved ones still there. I got choked up several times because I honestly can't imagine what these families are going through. No matter what your opinion is of this war we all should be thankful to our soldiers, I know I am.
The Blue Man Group started out the show, we saw them in Vegas and they freaked me out. Finally Miley took the stage, the mass of screeching girls was insane. It was good but I was bummed out, she sang a lot of songs from her new album so the girls didn't know them. This is Riley belting it out...so cute
Me and Hali dancing....
By this time they and done a few fireworks, and Salem was starting to worry. Salem is 99% Bender and 1% Goodey. The two traits she got from me are stubbornness and worry. This little girl could give Grandma Bernice and run for her money. She started to worry about how loud the fireworks were gonna be and what would happen if they started a real fire. So she spent the last half hour of the show like this...
And you wonder why I had only one...The fireworks were awesome, Salem even liked them. Happy Birthday America!
We left the stadium at 10:50, because of traffic we didn't get on the freeway until midnight...it was pure insanity. We got home around 1 a.m. luckily we had the girls change into their pj's for the ride home.
All in all it was fun but I'm not sure if it was fun enough to do again. I have to say my husband was a trooper. He even got up at 5 this morning to go on a 60 mile bike ride...Is it any wonder why I love him. Happy 4th of July everybody!


7 comments:
How sweet that Hali got to go. I bet she was in Heaven. Did she just stay with you the rest of the weekend.
I'll make you up a mom of the year tshirt for this one. With sparkles
K - you guys really do get the parents of the year award. Riley loved it and it sounds like you guys barely survived. Sorry you had to deal with so much chaos. Tell Steve he's the man. Thanks Chantel you guys are awesome!!!
That looks like so much fun! Lucky girls to have such fun people to take them to see Miley!!!
Ya, you totally need the mom of the year award. Luckily Ellie was too sick to freak out when she missed it. Thanks for being willing to take her, I promised her we would try and go the next time she comes. So I guess I will have to endure the torture!
How was Miley/Hannah?? Looks like you guys had a great time. Are you still on for this weekend? Just let me know :)
One word comes to mind... PATIENCE! OMG... Wowzers, what a nightmare, not just the traffic but the fact you had to travel to Utah County... that alone is an upset :)
As much as a nightmare it was, Salem will have such great memories of this experience! You and Steve are such good parents!
Love the pics though.. you look great!
How fun your such a FUN mom i'm sure Salem loves it. Looks like you guys had alot of fun, and you look so cute in the pic.
Post a Comment