Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Boot Camp and lack of oxygen....

It seems like after boot camp, I post about whatever has been bothering me. I think the lack of oxygen some how breaks down my filter. Who am I kidding, I don't have a filter. Those of you who know me, know that I am a tell it like it is kind of person.

So the topic for tonight that has been running around in my head is RELIGION! I admire anyone who practices any kind of religion. I think it's great, it's not for me but to each his own. I was raised LDS by parents who I admire greatly. They truly lived this religion and I have the utmost respect for them and members of my family for this. I have chosen not to practice any religion, they respect that and I respect the fact that they do.

I'll be honest, I have had mistakes in my past but they are mine, I own them. I love my morning coffee, my evening wine, and the weekend beer. At times I am rude, crude and vulgar. It's who I am, but I don't sit in church every Sunday and pretend. That is why I don't practice any religion, I can't do it honestly so I am not doing it at all.

So my biggest pet peeve and part of the reason I don't practice a relgion is because of the hypocrites out there. This is my personal favorite, I know a lot about the gospel, my dad is very knowledgable. I know one thing, if you have been through the temple you wear your garments. You don't tuck, roll, or just plain forget to put them on after your workout. Give me a break!! Who do you think you are fooling, if there is a god he is all knowing and he knows damn well you are mocking him. Hello when judgement day comes, I would rather be me sipping my wine than the person who out right lied about it...

I am not going to apologize if I offend anyone. If you are offended then perhaps you need to grab a glass of water and swallow a honest pill.

9 comments:

Megan and Jon said...

Girl, I know what has gotten you in a ruffle.. :). I love that you never pretend you are, who you are and don't fake it for anyone. Plus you don't realize but you are on of the best people I know regardless of your religion. You would give the shirt off your back and food off your table if it were truly nee ded.. I love ya. See you Sat..

Sheena said...

I am loving the "boot camp vents". Just let it all out girl!

The Halls said...

I love that you are so real...and AMEN to everything you just said...I am with ya...us heethens (did I spell that right?) gotta stick together...

Nikki said...

You are funny...and oh so blunt :)
Gotta love that about you!

Doin' It Digital (Shannon C.) said...

What is it about Boot Camp? :) I love that you are who you are. And you may not be 'practicing' a religion, but you are such a good person and more Christ-like than you even know.

mandie said...

I really want to comment, but....I don't have a filter either.

mandie said...

..wait, wait! I've got one. Try this one on for size: How about the nursery leader getting arrested on the way home from church for a DUI?? Eh?

GINGERSPICE said...

Wowzers.... I want to go to boot camp! After I read your blog I noticed the date of it and realized I saw you that day... Then I started to think of the outfit I was wearing and wondered if I was wearing something slutty.... Haha...

Ummmmm, I'm curious.... what was this all about?? I love your honesty Chaney and I love that you say things how they are. There is no tip toeing around you, and honestly there needs to be more blunt people out there....

Chad and Oléa Gough Family said...

I couldn't agree with you more! I totally respect people who have integrity like you do and don't make choices based on what the social standard is!!